Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oooooooh! David Cassidy

Once upon a time, long long ago, my first big girl album was by The Partridge Family. It included the song "I Think I Love You," which I found on youtube. :D

Lets sing along.... "I think I love you, I think I love you...."

I couldn't include the actual video in this blog entry due to copyright laws, but it was fun to see it again!

Other reactions: I think it's pretty easy to navigate youtube. The biggest challenge is finding a video that is okay to post to blogger.

My experience today was there was a naughty word in the first video I wanted to download. Arrrrgh! Then I noticed an inappropriate dance move made by the animated Gummy Bear in the Gummy Bear Song. (Hmmmmmm. How many times has my daughter watched that video?) I finally thought of sharing "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. Too bad about those doggone copyright laws!

It is much easier to post videos on Facebook! But that's not the point.

Youtube is a lot of fun. Libraries would find it most useful if they made their own marketing videos or made videos of programs or storytimes. However, these options aren't necessarily viable due to copyright issues and worries about children being put on youtube. I know I personally choose to limit my daughter's presence in photos on Facebook, etc. and don't especially want her appearing on youtube while she is still a child.

1 comment: