I just read the three articles/slide shows about wikis. (Yes, I am running behind. But at least we finished cutting out all of the elephant parts for Toddler Time.)
I also visited the SJCPL Subject Guides. Really really liked that wiki! I began by looking at the list of historical mysteries - there was a section about series of mysteries "solved by genealogists." I've really enjoyed Rett MacPherson's mysteries, which were mentioned first. I also made note of the other series mentioned, along with titles. Just in case I lose my scrap of paper, those genealogically linked mysteries were by Fiona Mountain (Pale as the Dead and Bloodline) and Patricia Sprinkle (Death on the Family Tree and Daughter of Deceit).
Okay. "Liked" is not a strong enough word. I loved that wiki!
In addition to the book lists and more traditional library topics, they had sections about community resources, finding birth families and finding living people. I would love to have a resource like that with community resources. And as an amateur sleuth, I appreciate the info about finding living people and finding birth families.
I look forward to investigating the other wikis!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment