My favorite discovery on this learning journey was RSS feeds. I had previously heard the term, but didn't have the vaguest idea what RSS feeds actually were. In searching for ten feeds to which I wanted to subscribe, I discovered some excellent blogs and web sites that will provide me with additional ideas for Toddler Time. I also enjoyed my time subscribing to the Onion, but dropped The Onion to limit the amount of time I spend on Google Reader.
Another favorite discovery was the productivity software. It will be very nice to have word processing and spreadsheet programs on my home computer without paying for Microsoft Office. :D
It was also fun to have the opportunity to explore Twitter, Flickr and youtube during my work day. hee hee hee. I never had any intention of becoming an active user of Twitter, partly because I am too wordy to write the concise posts required, but it was interesting to see what all of the fuss is about. (And, as I already knew, Neil Gaiman is endlessly entertaining.)
This program has helped me feel more tech savvy. I had felt that my lack of technological knowledge was a real shortcoming and am thrilled to be more knowledgeable about technology.
Now for the most difficult challenge of this program: remembering all of the user names and passwords! Aggggggggggh!
Overall, this has been a very positive experience and I would choose to participate if another similar exploratory program is offered in the future. Now for the important question: what is my reward for completing the program? :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

knowledge is your reward ;-)
ReplyDeleteBoy, do I agree with you on remembering all of the user names and passwords! But learning is a dangerous thing since now you might wish to try out more Youtube. And I hear Facebook is very addictive! And what about all those other sites we did not get a chance to try?????
ReplyDelete