So today I read or watched the assigned materials on RSS feeds. Then created a Google Reader account. So far so good. Pretty quick.
Then I tried to find/decide on 10 news feeds I would like to follow. That took a lo-o-o-ong time!
Some of my choices were obvious since I visit the web sites regularly: Practical Librarian, Kids Music That Rocks, About Children's Music. Then I made other choices that make sense professionally: Planet Esme Plan, A Year of Reading, Mo Willems Doodles. Then I selected some of personal interest: Tween Girl Confidential, Mixed Media Monday, The Onion, Cake Wrecks and Cute Overload.
Yes, I can count. I realize that I actually have ELEVEN choices. Can I count my eleventh choice as extra credit?
I like the concept of RSS news feeds - if they are to help me follow web sites or blogs that I followed anyway or are useful professionally. In all honesty, I made some choices that were less practical in order to come up with my total of ten subscriptions.
But to have RSS news feeds just to have RSS news feeds? Not the best thing, and could be an incredible time waster. Though Cute Overload and The Onion can be used in emergencies to eradicate a bad mood. (Not that I ever have those.... :D)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment